How we use your personal information
We use personal information in order to provide our educational services and programmes, and to run our business. We have set out below information on the categories of personal information that we collect, the specific ways in which that personal information is processed by us, the legal bases which permit us to do this, and the types of partners with whom we may share your personal information.
In some cases where we ask for your personal information, we do so in order for us to fulfil your contract with us (e.g. needing your child’s name so that we can teach them). If you do not provide that personal information we will not be able to fulfil your contract.
Giving and withdrawing your consent, and updating your personal information
Where your consent is required for us to process your personal information, we will ask for your consent at the point at which you provide your data. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can also update your personal information at any time.
If you wish to do either, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Storing your personal information
We do not store your personal information outside of our Online Ballet Academy databases.
We will only keep records of your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it, and in order to comply with any statutory or regulatory obligations in relation to retention of records.
We respect requests to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes. Please note that this includes keeping a record of your request indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal information, the right to restrict processing of your personal information, and the right to object to processing of your personal information.
You have the right to object to your personal information being processed on the grounds of our legitimate interests. You have the right to object to us sending you direct marketing and profiling you for the purposes of direct marketing.
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information with a data protection supervisory authority in a country where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
The data controller for our websites, products and services is Online Ballet Academy. We can be reached at our email at email@example.com
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you and your children when you register them with us for dance tuition. This information includes:
· Your name / the name of your children
· Your address, email address, phone number, and any other contact details you provide
· Any medical conditions your children have which we need to be aware of
· Your payment details, including credit card details, when you make purchases from us
· Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
· Records of you or your child’s previous enrollments in our Academy
How do we use your information?
We use your information as follows:
- To fulfil a contract with you, or take steps at your request before this, to:
· Provide our educational services
· Use potential images for our testimonials only with your consent
· Handle credit card information provided to us
- As required to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
· Letting you know about our activities and promotional activities by post, email, and phone in accordance with your marketing preferences
- Where you give us consent:
· If we need your consent in order to send marketing to you
· In relation to using photographs of your children on our website, social media pages, or other places
- For purposes which are required by law:
· Sharing your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
How will we share your information?
We share your personal details:
· Within Online Ballet Academy to our administrative and teaching staff
· With third party service providers who process your information on our behalf for the purposes above – such as payment processors, accountants, and our software providers
· With LBHF Fulham as required by them
We will also share your personal information:
· If we think this is necessary to, in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Online Ballet Academy, our employees, our commercial partners, or our customers.
· With government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required by law.